Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Gig offer in China
I thought this email I received from a booking agent in Beijing was pretty warped on a few different levels. Read it over and see if you can see why.
How are you? I hope you are having a great summer!
I am looking for musicians for a gig that might not exactly fit the Woodie Alan band, but maybe some of its members or musician friends could be interested? Anyhow, I thought I’d spread the word in this direction too…
A client is looking for :
- a band with 5 foreigners
- I hate to say this, but you know how things are in China... : preferably no black musicians
- for a gig in Zhejiang (Zhoushan)
- on Sept. 5th-12th (8 days)
- perform 15 minutes each evening
- with a female lead singer (preferably good looking!)
- style : dynamic, exciting, attractive (jazz/pop/rock, no particular request)
- budget : 700 RMB / performer / night
- transportation and accommodation are taken care of
Would you or your friends be interested in this gig?
Please let me know ASAP!
Posted by alanpaul at 10:25 PM